What is God’s Presence?
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is in attendance; He is there, He is your company and He brings about comfort. God’s power is expressed by the Holy Spirit and its imperative that one (“I”) not grieve the Holy Spirit, since no further appeal to the Father and the Son on the day of redemption is available.
- “Do nothing that makes the Holy Spirit feel sad. He is the mark God has put on you until the day you will belong to God altogether.” (Bible in Worldwide English) or
- “And do not give grief to the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were marked for the day of (your) salvation.” (Bible in Basic English 1949-1964) or
- “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you have been sealed for the day of (your) redemption.” (Revised King James New Testament)
Matthew 12:31 Jesus said,
- "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." (King James Version 1769) or
- "That is why I tell you this. All wrong things that people do or say, will be forgiven. But people who say wrong things against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven.” (Bible in Worldwide English)
What is Worship?
Giving my full attention to admiring God for who He is and appreciating what He does and for what He is going to do; concentrating with deep love and reverence on God; giving my greatest praise to Him alone.
Here is Jesus’ Definition of How to Worship When Talking to the Samaritan Woman at the Well
John 4:20-24 Jesus said,
- “But a time is coming, indeed it is already here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father spiritually and truly (morally, mentally, internally and truthfully, really, in fact, without doubt-beyond doubt, actually, accurately, justly—rightly—correctly); for such are the worshipers that the Father desires. God is Spirit (strength—the moral fiber, of character, of force, of courage, of staying power, of self-discipline, of strength of will; mind, and of restraint); and those who worship him must worship spiritually and truly." (Bible in Basic English 1949-1964)
Paul Wrote that Worship is a Living Sacrifice: (giving up, forfeit, letting go and surrendering my very existing/my life: my time, my money, myself, giving up one thing for the good of another)
- “For this reason I make request to you, brothers, by the mercies of God, that you will give your bodies as a living offering, holy, pleasing to God, which is the worship it is right for you to give him. And let not your behavior be like that of this world, but be changed and made new in mind, so that by experience you may have knowledge of the good and pleasing and complete purpose of God. But I say to every one of you, through the grace given to me, not to have an over high opinion of himself, but to have wise thoughts, as God has given to everyone a measure of faith.” (Bible in Basic English 1949-1964)
What is Praise?
Telling God how much I appreciate His greatness and beauty; speaking to others about God’s greatness; saying good things about another person to show approval and give honor.
How to Worship God, God’s Way: The Bible is full of examples on how other’s praised and worshiped God. The book of Psalm’s is full of heartfelt—sincere—genuine and deep praises to the Lord Most High.
Psalm 103—Praise for the Lord’s Mercies.
Psalm 139—God searches me and knows me even when I was made in secret and was woven in my loving mother’s womb; that is way I bless my mother’s womb.
The Book of Song of Solomon—Are love songs or a courtship; inviting or drawing words not only between a husband and his wife, but also between the Lover of my soul (God) and my soul (me).
Now, let me take it to the spiritual and allow the Lover of my soul to take me into His love chamber (His Meeting Room—His Very Being or His Loving Presence, to His Throne, to His Very Essences—His Holy Spirit) for Him to take me away into a higher dimension and to the non-stop praises of the angels which will be silenced so I can be heard by Him. This is an inspiriting courtship between the Lover of my soul; my Father, my Savior who poured out His feelings of love and praise toward me and I in turn to Him so I can enter into His immense endless love.
Worship with the Psalmist, David
In the book of Psalms is a wide collection inspired by God Himself to turn our thoughts and hearts (our souls) to God.
- Individual or Group Lament Psalms (our lesson Psalm 63)
- Thanksgiving Psalms
- Psalms of Trust
- Enthronement Psalms
- Pilgrimage Psalms
- Royal Psalms
- Messianic Psalms about our Lord and Savior Jesus
- Wisdom Psalms
- Imprecatory (Revenge) Psalms
- Prophetic Psalms
- Protection Psalms
- Rejoicing Psalms
- Poetic Psalms
- Spiritual Warfare Psalms
- Historical Psalms
- Revelation Psalms for personal life—current situation and the future for self and nations
- Hymnal Psalms
- Prayer Psalms
What is a Psalmist? (David was a Psalmist)
Someone with the gift of heavenly praise to the Lord, Most High, and whose lifestyle has become worship to Him in all (thought, emotions, and flesh).
This brethren in Christ Jesus, has learned to be honest with self and constantly upfront with the Lord about his/her sinful nature for the Lord to prune the spiritually died and dry areas in his/her life. This gift is inspired by God as it was evident with David and with all other gifts mentioned in the Bible; David was prophetic, he lamented, he mourned, he grieved, he wept, he wailed, and he cried out for himself, for Israel and for us. This gift is also full of wisdom in spiritual warfare with the Word of God to penetrate the hearts and souls of mankind as a double edged sword. When the Psalmist praises the Lord, the demons flee as it did when David praised the Lord with songs and instrument in Saul’s presences and the demons, which tormented Saul, fled. This is possible today when the Spirit of God is with the Psalmist and it is evident by his/her holy (in spirit and truth) fruits. The demons know who is truly with the Lord and in the Lord, and as a result, when the Psalmist is full of sincere devotion and praise to glorify the Lord, the souls become delivered and renewed.
This is a wonderful calling and just as wonderful to praise the Lord with a true Psalmist. A true Psalmist gives the glory to the Lord and completely ignores its surroundings for the praise to enter God’s throne at His Loving Feet for the Lord to minister the souls. You see, the Lord loves it when we constantly praise and worship Him as a lifestyle full of sincere gratitude for His mercy upon one’s life which has been rescued from hell and cleansed from all malice.
Praise and worship are different, but cannot have one without the other and be full of God’s power.
Not all have the gift of a beautiful singing voice, but all are called to worship and praise Him. When a soul is truly born again, the soul cannot stop sharing God’s greatness; the soul becomes a life of praise and worship—worship and praise.
PSALM 63 (NIV)
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
To seriously, sincerely and intently with zeal and with enthusiasm and wanting seek, however, mixed with devotion, passion or strong desire or carving and with deep conviction or emotions or moral search to learn and want the Lord’s presence—His Holy Spirit—in the unemotional, unfruitful barren lifeless soul where it’s spiritually dead.
Question: How do you know you are spiritually died—lack of joy, faith, hope while yet attending church and reading the Bible and with the appearance and talk of a Christian.
Answer: The person, believer, Christian must be born again as Jesus told a Pharisee ruler of the Jews named Nicodemus whom believed in and did all for God.John 3:1-21
- "…a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. …“Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
- Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
- Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
- Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”
- Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness
- And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
- "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. " (King James Version 1769)
Seeing, believing and feeling God’s power and glory in a place of refuge; in the home, in believers full of the fruits of the Spirit and where there are two or more in His Name in agreement such as in prayer and in the church.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.Psalm 138:2
- “ I will give worship before your holy Temple, praising your name for your mercy and for your unchanging faith: for you have made your word greater than all your name. (because) When my cry came to your ears you gave me an answer, and made me great with strength in my soul.” (Bible in Basic English 1949-1964)
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
- “But the Lord will send his mercy in the daytime, and in the night his song will be with me, a prayer to the God of my life.” (Bible in Basic English 1949-1964)
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. Cling as hug, fit tightly, not let go for He sustain and defend.
They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
God’s enemy has become our enemy—the devil—and God sent him and his demons—the fallen angels—who try day and night to torment us—to the lake of fire. Our enemy will be judged by God and will be given to the wild dogs that make their den in desolate places as scavengers feed on garbage with an unpleasant smell and making a yapping and howling noise at night in the evil’s hand. The enemy is Satan and the demons and unfortunately the souls who choose to worship and walk with Satan and bring evil or rise war against God’s children who are defended by God Himself.
But the king (I or you) will rejoice in God; all who swear (vow, pledge, affirm, give your word) by God’s name will praise him, while the mouths of liars (fakes, pretenders, hypocrite, and phony) will be silenced.
I see this as when we say, “in Jesus Christ’s name be healed… or end a prayer by Jesus’ Name”.Isaiah 44:23
- “Make a song, O heavens, for the Lord has done it: give a loud cry, you deep parts of the earth: let your voices be loud in song, you mountains, and you woods with all your trees: for the Lord has taken up the cause of Jacob, and will let his glory be seen in Israel.” (Bible in Basic English 1949-1964)
- “ 13 Let the fear of the Lord your God be in your hearts, and be his servants, taking your oaths by his name.” (Bible in Basic English 1949-1964)
- “By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (Or righteousness is gone forth from my mouth, a word which shall not return ; Or the word is gone forth from a mouth of righteousness, and shall not return )” (American Standard Version 1901)