YOU WILL BE TOUCHED

Get ready to be touched by the Presence of the only Living God (the Father, the Son our Savior, and the Holy Spirit) with inspiring messages and lessons the Lord has allowed me to share with His loving church. I pray that the Lover of my soul fills your every need, especially the need your soul craves most, which is to get to know the Lover of your soul, the one who formed you with His very own Loving Hands and gave you every characteristic, attribute and quality you possess; such as the natural color of your hair, eyes, and skin tone and even down to your body form, facial appearance and stature. You see, He has not made any mistake with you, He has made you beautiful and lovely to His Loving Eyes and He adores you deeply.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

My 40 Day Journey with God

I decided to begin a 40 day journey in my efforts to get closer to Jesus Christ. In doing so, I have made a list of do's and don't's. Some of my do's are easy until I have to apply myself and take action and some of my don't's are easy until I have to stop doing or undoing some of my bad habits. Example:

  1. NO TV for 40 Days - this is big for me
  2. Pray - mornings, evenings and even when I wake up in the middle of the night
  3. Read the Word of God - I have applied my TV time to reading the word of God
  4. Do Something Nice for my Husband - any thing I come up with that he would like
  5. Watch my Thoughts - stay focus on the Lord and how He sees people with compassion, understanding and love
  6. My House Work - I had to add it to the list to make sure I get it done during the week and have my weekends free
  7. My Mouth - I need to make sure that what comes out of my mouth are blessings
This journey, by God's glory, has waken the sleepy Christian believer in me and is taking me to a different place. I have been able to understand the Word of God in a way I never understood it before. I cannot stop praising the Lord, for His glory, and even when I wake up in the middle of the night and I do not want to do anything, but stay in bed and sleep the thought of the commitment I made with God and myself comes to my mind; to step aside and get out of God's way so God can shine His glory on me to help people in need of Him. I feel like a new person full of energy and songs of praise in my soul since my commitment.
The other day a women came into my office and just by looking at her it was known that something spiritually was not right. It was difficult to communicate with her; her mind was too far gone. At that moment, the Lord prompt me to repent of my thoughts and to pray for her in my mind and after a few moments, I was able to see something in her I could not see prior to the prayer and my heart became tender for her and my eyes started to become water; God is so wonderful, He allowed me to see His love for her - how He sees her. I do not know if you ever had this experience, but this was a first for me and I felt honored to see God's love for her. Someone I do not know and in poor human condition; a homeless woman living in her car with dirty clothing completely unreachable from a humans point of view - mentally, emotionally and spiritually too far gone from a humans point of view.
Here are a few versus I would like to share with you - they have been extremely helpful in my journey:
  • Who to Call Father, Teacher, Servant Spiritually Speaking - Matthew 23:8
  • His Love for the World - John 3:16 and John 3
  • The Prayer - Matthew 6:5-15
  • Ask, Seek, Knock - Matthew 7:7-12
  • The Narrow & Wide Gate - Matthew 7:13-14
  • Rest for the Weary - Matthew 11:25-28
  • Who is the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven - Matthew 18:1-19
  • The Parable of the Lost Sheep - Matthew 18:10-14 I was once a lost sheep
  • The Wedding Banquet - Matthew 22:1-14
  • Oath - Matthew 5:33-37
  • Eye for an Eye - Matthew 5:38-42
  • Living for God - 1 Peter 4:1-11
  • The Day & Hour Unknown - Matthew 24:36-51
  • Signs of the End of the Age - Matthew 24:1-35
Jesus said the following and so can we:
"...It is written; 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' " Matthew 4:4
"...It is also written: 'Do no put the Lord your God to the test.' " Matthew 4:7
"...Away from me, Santan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' " Matthew 4:10
"...Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." Matthew 4:17


....By the way, I am on Day 13....